Mission Statement & School Pledge
Native American Magnet School students achieve their highest potential academically, ethically and socially. Collaboration with the community creates a safe, supportive and challenging learning environment which develops contributing members of a diverse society.
Schools of excellence are a result of parents and school staff working together to ensure that children are successful in school. Effective schools are affirmed by a strong partnership between home and school. This partnership is bonded by a compact and commitment by the school community towards high student achievement academically and socially. You are invited to be involved in a partnership with Native American Magnet School.
As parents/guardians we pledge to:
1. Provide a safe home environment that is comfortable for our child’s/children’s learning.
2. Send our child/children well rested, properly groomed, and prepared to learn every day.
3. Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward our child’s/children’s, staff and theirparents.
4. Work with school staff to help our child/children set and achieve their individual goals.
5. Be a positive role model for our child/children.
6. Provide accurate contact information and communicate regularly with school staff.
7. Be actively involved in our child’s/children’s school and education.
As a Native American Magnet School staff member, I pledge to:
1. Provide a safe environment that is comfortable for learning.
2. Come to school prepared to teach to every child’s needs.
3. Maintain a positive and respectful attitude towards students, school and each other.
4. Believe all students can learn.
5. Work with parents to help our students to set and achieve their individual goals.
6. Work together as a team.
7. Act as positive role models for our students.
As a Native American Magnet School student, I pledge to:
1. Come to school prepared to learn.
2. Respect ourselves, others and property.
3. Respond in a positive and polite manner.
4. Respect school property.
5. Walk quietly and safely in the halls.
6. Accept responsibility for our actions.
7. Do our best.