School 81's Mission Statement
To provide for all students a quality education in a structured, organized learning environment that maximizes teaching time and promotes student achievement and responsibility.A School In Good Standing - Pre-K to Grade 8 - 9:00AM to 3:30PM
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
We would like to thank our School 81 community for another great school year. Parents/ Guardians thank you for your ongoing support of School 81 and entrusting us with your child's education. Students thank you for your hard work and focus throughout the school year. Teachers and school staff thank you for your dedication to the students of School 81. We hope all have a safe and happy summer with your families.
As we look ahead to the 2019-20 school year, there is much to be excited and proud of at School 81.
- School 81 increased 16 spots in Buffalo Business First Rankings for Middle Schools and 9 spots for Elementary Schools. This ranking is based on our NYS assessment scores in 2017-18 and the past 4 years.
- School 81 Elementary and Middle school continues to be a top 10 performer among Buffalo public, charter and private schools in the City of Buffalo according to Buffalo Business First Rankings.
- This school year all students in grades 3 to 8 will have access to a laptop/ IPad during the school day.
- Students in Pre-K to 2 will have IPad learning centers within the classroom.
- Our 6th grade students are entering their 3rd year in Global Scholars Program. Last year, students had the opportunity to skype with classrooms in France and South Korea during the school year.
Educational Program HighlightsIpads learning centers in Pre-K to 21 to 1 Ipads for grades 3 to 8Global Scholars in Grade 6National Junior Honor SocietyBoys & Girls BasketballTrack & Cross CountryTechnology ClubPBIS School - Roar TicketsFlag Football ClubGirl ScoutsSTAR Math K to 4Myon - Online Library of BooksLexia - ELA skill buildingReflex Math grades 2 to 4Magic Penny in KindergartenVocal and Instrumental MusicSchool 81 writing initiativeYMCA partner for after school programStudent Support Team
- Our green space in the back of our school building was fully utilized this Spring/ Summer for our annual Field Day and outdoor play/ recess.
Principal - Mr. Klaich
Assistant Principal - Grades Pre-K to 4 - Ms. Cobbs
Assistant Principal - Grades 5 to 8 - Mr. Shepherd
Phone - 816-4060
140 Tacoma Ave.
Buffalo, N.Y. 14216