School 81's Mission Statement
To provide for all students a quality education in a structured, organized learning environment that maximizes teaching time and promotes student achievement and responsibility.
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
As you know, this is an unusual time that Buffalo, the country and the world are facing with the pandemic of the COVID-19 virus. Please be aware that there are several instructional materials available on the BPS website and School 81 website during this extended closure until April 20th. Our students have access to the following websites and instructional materials.
Grades 2 to 4 - Reflex Math at https://www.reflexmath.com/
Grade K to 8 students - Myon - online Library of books - see the link on School 81 page for directions to log into MYON through BPS clever app. Clever App
Grade 1 to 8 students - Mobymax - Math skills - is also available through BPS clever app.
Various grades- Prodigy - Math skills - Prodigy
Grades 1 to 8 students - Lexia - ELA skills - is also available through the BPS clever app.
Scholastic - See the link to scholastic for online books and activities for grades 1 to 6. www.scholastic.com/learnathome
Please see the link for Parent Resources under our "Quick Links" on the right side of our webpage. There are several links to common core ELA and Math support and Khan Academy on how best to support your child during this extended closure. Please also see the first file under "Releated Files" for Parent & Family Resources specific to COVID-19. Parent and Family Resources COVID-19. There is also a suggested daily schedule posted. Daily at home schedule
We certainly look forward to the time when our students and parents can return to School 81 under more normal circumstances. Until then please follow Erie County Health Dept. & CDC guidelines during this time, social distancing and good hygiene are best during this time.
Mr. Nicholas Klaich
Ms. Denise Cobbs
Mr. Ryan Shepherd
School 81 - A School In Good Standing - Pre-K to Grade 8 - 9:00AM to 3:30PM
We would like to thank our School 81 community for another great school year. Parents/ Guardians thank you for your ongoing support of School 81 and entrusting us with your child's education. Students thank you for your hard work and focus throughout the school year. Teachers and school staff thank you for your dedication to the students of School 81. We hope all have a safe and happy summer with your families.
As we look ahead to the 2019-20 school year, there is much to be excited and proud of at School 81.
- School 81 increased 16 spots in Buffalo Business First Rankings for Middle Schools and 9 spots for Elementary Schools. This ranking is based on our NYS assessment scores in 2017-18 and the past 4 years.
- School 81 Elementary and Middle school continues to be a top 10 performer among Buffalo public, charter and private schools in the City of Buffalo according to Buffalo Business First Rankings.
- This school year all students in grades 3 to 8 will have access to a laptop/ IPad during the school day.
- Students in Pre-K to 2 will have IPad learning centers within the classroom.
- Our 6th grade students are entering their 3rd year in Global Scholars Program. Last year, students had the opportunity to skype with classrooms in France and South Korea during the school year.
Educational Program HighlightsIpads learning centers in Pre-K to 21 to 1 Ipads for grades 3 to 8Global Scholars in Grade 6National Junior Honor SocietyBoys & Girls BasketballTrack & Cross CountryTechnology ClubPBIS School - Roar TicketsFlag Football ClubGirl ScoutsSTAR Math K to 4Myon - Online Library of BooksLexia - ELA skill buildingReflex Math grades 2 to 4Magic Penny in KindergartenVocal and Instrumental MusicSchool 81 writing initiativeYMCA partner for after school programStudent Support Team
- Our green space in the back of our school building was fully utilized this Spring/ Summer for our annual Field Day and outdoor play/ recess.
Principal - Mr. Klaich
Assistant Principal - Grades Pre-K to 4 - Ms. Cobbs
Assistant Principal - Grades 5 to 8 - Mr. Shepherd
Phone - 816-4060
140 Tacoma Ave.
Buffalo, N.Y. 14216