School 81's Mission Statement
To provide for all students a quality education in a structured, organized learning environment that maximizes teaching time and promotes student achievement and responsibility.A School In Good Standing - Pre-K to Grade 8 - 9:00AM to 3:30PM
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
We hope you and your family enjoyed your summer. As we start the 2018-19 school year, there is much to be excited and proud of at School 81.
- School 81 increased 7 spots in Buffalo Business First Rankings for Middle Schools.This ranking is based on our NYS assessment scores in 2016-17 and the past 4 years.
- School 81 Elementary school continues to be a top 10 performer among Buffalo public, charter and private schools in the City of Buffalo according to Buffalo Business First Rankings.
- This school year all students in grades 3 to 8 will have access to a laptop/ IPad during the school day.
- Students in Pre-K to 2 will have IPad learning centers within the classroom.
- Our 6th grade students are entering their 2nd year in Global Scholars Program. Last year, students had the opportunity to skype with classrooms in France and South Korea during the school year.
Educational Program HighlightsIpads learning centers in Pre-K to 21 to 1 Ipads for grades 3 to 8Global Scholars in Grade 6National Junior Honor SocietyBoys & Girls BasketballTrack & Cross CountryTechnology ClubBike ClubPBIS School - Roar TicketsGirl ScoutsI-Ready ELA/ Math grades 6 to 8STAR Math K to 4Myon - Online Library of BooksReflex Math grades 2 to 4Magic Penny in KindergartenVocal and Instrumental MusicSchool 81 writing initiativeYMCA partner for after school programStudent Support Team
- Our technology club finished the outdoor School 81 Library in June. The outdoor library is in our playground area giving all students on our playground an opportunity to read if they choose. Thank you to Mr. Meyer and our technology club for their continued improvements in our playground area.
Principal - Mr. Klaich
Assistant Principal - Grades Pre-K to 4 - Ms. Cobbs
Assistant Principal - Grades 5 to 8 - Mr. Shepherd
Phone - 816-4060
140 Tacoma Ave.
Buffalo, N.Y. 14216
Join Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe, Gloria the hip hip Hippo and, of course, those hilarious, plotting penguins as they bound onto our stage!
On October 30th, 9 students from Riverside High School’s Graphic Communications class attended a special event held at Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
Congratulations to the students and to their teacher, Mr. Thomas Mudd.
• A proposed application for renewal has been made by the Westminster Community Charter School