We want your feedback!
Please take the 2022 BPS Federal Programs survey for the use of Title I, IIA, III & IV funding.
Federal Programs Survey (English) https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BXPP39W
Federal Programs Survey (Spanish) https://es.surveymonkey.com/r/9GVYYSW
Translations : الترجمات : Traducciones : ဘာသာပြန်ချက်များ : Tarjumaadaha : अनुवाद
- Questions about the Consolidated Application or budget documents may be submitted to ConApp@buffaloschools.org
Office of Federal & State Programs
Room 408 City Hall, Buffalo, NY 14202
Phone: (716) 816-3966 | Fax: (716) 851-3968
Director of Title I
Jaime L. Cohen
Supervisor of Title I
Richard H. Dombkowski
Associate Account Clerk
Transition Advisor-Transition Program
Patricia Lamb Walker
Research Aide-Transition Program
Community Education Leader - Transition Program
Our Focus is Simple
We work year-round to secure supplemental, Title I funding to support various District and school-level initiatives to help Buffalo Public School students and families.
Our Major Responsibilities:
- Develop Title I Program Narratives and Title I Budgets
- Develop amendments and make funds accessible for school and program use
- Manage the Title I grant and assist with program implementation
- Monitor programs for Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) compliance
- Provide fiscal and compliance oversight to prevent fraud, waste, and abuse
- Prepare for audits and New York State monitoring reviews of Federal program dollars
- Serve as liaison between the District and the New York State Department of Education for Federal program matters.
Public Meetings & the Role of Stakeholders
2021-2022 Meeting Schedule (in Preparation for 2022-2023 program year)
- Please submit questions before the meetings to ConApp@buffaloschools.org
Meeting Series for 2022-2023
Federal Education Funding
Titles I & Title IIA
Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 5:30-7:00pm
Virtual - See District website for link on day of event.
American Rescue Plan (ESSER), Contract for Excellence,& Foundation Aid
Supplemental Educational Supports
Expanded Learning Time
Monday, July 18, 2022 - 5:30-7:00pmWaterfront Elementary School, 95 Fourth Street Buffalo, NY 14202Titles III, IV & VITuesday, July 19, 2022 - 5:30-7:00pmVirtual - See District website for link on day of event.
Consolidated Application for Federally Funded Programs(Titles I, IIA, III, IV & VI Budgets)Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 5:30-7:00pmVirtual - See District website for link on day of event.
Visual & Performing Arts
Social & Emotional Supports
Native American Programming
Title I Proposed Budget
Title IIA Proposed Budget
Title III Proposed Budget
Title IV Proposed Budget
Role of Our Valued Stakeholders
Much like the inclusive role of a School-Based Management Team in creating a school-based budget, school districts are required to consult with various stakeholder groups before they develop budgets and determine programs using Federal funds.
Buffalo Public Schools takes this responsibility seriously, and we solicit stakeholder involvement in a variety of ways.
- Online Surveys (click HERE to participate)
- In-Person Community Meetings
- LiveSteam/virtual meetings, with digital stakeholder participation
We Advertise Through:
- Email notifications
- District website notifications
- Automated phone system
- District Facebook and Twitter Accounts
- Office of Federal & State Programs newsletters
- Weekly bulletin to District Staff
Who Is a Stakeholder?
A District Stakeholder can be any of the following:
- Buffalo Board of Education member
- City of Buffalo resident
- Community based organization/District partner
- Private school parent
- Private school teacher
- Representative of Higher Education
- Support staff member
- Teacher aide/assistant
- School Administrator