Dear Parents and Scholars,
My name is Mrs. Buell. This is my 6th year as a Buffalo Teacher and 3rd year at Frank A. Sedita Academy, Community School #30. I LOVE being a Dragon. I am particularly interested in how we can apply math to the real world such as in Physics and Statistics. I am very excited about this school year and teaching my Dragons!
This year we will be working to prepare for success on the New York State Math Exam as well as prepare for the challenges and rigor of high school mathematics. We will follow the Common Core Math Curriculum, in which there is an emphasis on problem solving and critical thinking. There will also be a focus on reading and writing in Math. In this course, the work shown to achieve the solution is just as important as the solution itself. Here are the Modules we will study:
Module 1: Ratios and Proportional Relationships
Module 2: Rational Numbers
Module 3: Expressions and Equations
Module 4: Percent and Proportional Relationships
Module 5: Statistics and Probability
Module 6: Geometry
Module 1: Integer Exponents and Scientific Notation
Module 2: The Concept of Congruence
Module 3: Similarity
Module 4: Linear Equations
Module 5: Examples of Functions from Geometry
Module 6: Linear Functions
Module 7: Introduction to Irrational Numbers using Geometry
My contact information:
- Buffalo Public School #30, Frank A. Sedita Academy, room E144.
- My phone number at school is: (716)816-3220 x1144.
- My cell phone number is: (716)775-6365. Call or text. If I do not answer, please leave a message with your name and call back number and I will get back to you usually within a few hours.
- My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also reach me on Class Dojo. I typically only check Class Dojo on weekdays between 7am and 9pm.
I look forward to a great school year together!