PEACE, LOVE & POWER
PEACE, LOVE AND POWER FAMILY AND COMMUNITY DAY is a fun event for the whole family and wider community!
- Explore the historical and ecologically rich campus of Silo City; and learn about things like gardening, composting and environmental health.
- Sample healthy and delicious snacks, refreshments and enjoy a taco bar dinner with "Farm to School" offerings.
- Hike, play and participate in mindfulness and yoga-related activities to center the body and spirit.
- Engage in interactive, hands-on cultural programming and entertainment; including art-making, music and dance.
- Learn about local Native American history, with modern applications for being in relationship to the land, our families and our community; including use of restorative practices and justice for conflict resolution.
- Tap into supports and services for social and emotional well-being and a "whole school, whole community, whole child" approach to ensure we have a happy and healthy 2019-2020 school year!
- Event updates can be found by clicking here on the facebook event page.
HOPPIN IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!
Tuesday morning turned out to be a 'hoppin' good time for Makowski's Ready Freddy event. Families joined the staff for the Welcome Back event that showcased some of the programs and offerings in the school. Families had the chance to meet teachers, get information from community partners, take a quick lesson from Master Kechen, and even grab a bite from the Dirty Bird food truck.
Both Ready Freddy and the Makowski Bee had a blast meeting students and spreading smiles and hugs throughout the event too.
A great time was had by all. We look forward to working with all of our families and students as we embark on our 2019-2020 school year.
Welcome Back Makowski Bees!!
SCHOOL SUPPLY LISTS HAVE BEEN POSTED!
Please visit the School Supply List tab under the Our School tab at the top of the page.
Each supply list is grade specific.
If you have any questions, please contact the teacher specifically or call the main office for more information.
Updated Arrival and Dismissal Procedures are NOW Posted
Please refer to our Updated Arrival and Dismissal Procedures under School Information
We Are IB
What is the Primary Years Program (PYP)?
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Primary Years Programme is a curriculum framework designed for students aged 3 to 12.
The PYP transdisciplinary framework focuses on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, both at school and beyond.
Informed by research into how students learn, how educators teach, and the principles and practice of effective assessment, the programme places a powerful emphasis on inquiry-based learning.
What the PYP offers students
By choosing to implement the PYP, schools will develop students’ academic, social and emotional wellbeing, focusing on international-mindedness and strong personal values. The PYP nurtures independent learning skills, encouraging every student to take responsibility for their learning.
The programme incorporates local and global issues into the curriculum, asking students to look at six related, transdisciplinary themes and to consider the links between them. The themes include ‘who we are’, ‘where we are in place and time’ and ‘how the world works’.
The Primary Years Programme (PYP) presents schools with a comprehensive plan for high quality, international education.
It provides schools with a curriculum framework of essential elements — the knowledge, concepts, skills, attitudes, and action that young students need to equip them for successful lives, both now and in the future.
Schools work with the five elements to construct a rigorous and challenging primary curriculum for international education.
The PYP aims to create a curriculum that is engaging, relevant, challenging and significant for learners in the 3–12 age range. The curriculum is transdisciplinary, meaning that it focuses on issues that go across subject areas.
The PYP is organized according to:
Growing World Citizens
One Makowski Moment At A Time!
For more information, please visit IB Primary Years Program
"Makowski is a community that recognizes, respects, and celebrates diversity. Through inquiry, we nurture and educate our children to become compassionate life-long learners. Our students will grow to become a positive influence on their community and the world."
Program kick off is at East Community School on October 29th.
Required Forms and Dates.