Summer School -
Dates - July 5th to August 12th
Parent Meeting - Tuesday, July 26th at 2:00 - via Zoom
We will be reviewing the Comprehensive School Improvement Plan - all are encouraged to attend.
Topic: OTC - PS 42 Zoom Meeting
Time: Jul 26, 2022 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 895 2175 1582
These are the point person for specific questions and requests –
- School Clerk – handles change of address & phone numbers – messages to staff members.
- Mr. Smith, Transportation Coordinator – yellow bus questions and requests – student drop off permissions.
- Mrs. Lapham – Travel training using the Metro System – Student Bus Passes.
- Mr. Whiteside – Questions about the academic program and implementation of the student’s IEP.
- Mrs. Jennings – Questions related to social work – community services and family involvement.
- Nurse Anna – Medical questions – both personal and COVID related.
- Mrs. Williams – Food Service questions.
Everyone can be reached by calling 816-3250 and speaking with Mrs. Campbell.
School Based COVID 19 Safety and Protection Protocols:
Mask are required for all persons inside of our school, regardless of vaccination status. No exceptions. If students do not have a mask, the school will provide the student with a mask. If students refuse to wear to mask, restorative disciplinary measures may be implemented according to the BPS Code of Conduct.
To ensure safety for all, parents will need to SIGN OFF TO CONSENT to ensure that their child(ren) can participate in randomized less invasive PCR testing at no charge. Testing of all non-vaccinated adults will happen weekly. 30% of vaccinated staff and all consented students will happen weekly. There will be a 24-hour mandatory turnaround for results.
Schools will adhere to the CDC distancing requirement of a minimum of 3 ft. amongst persons.
When Your Child is ill
When your child is ill before the start of the school day, it is required that you keep your child home. If your child becomes ill during the school day, the student will report to the school’s Isolation Room and you will be contacted to pick the child up, as quickly as possible.
Please be informed that it is a New York State Requirement that all students participating during in-school learning have up to date immunizations on file in their schools.
School Rules for OTC
- Follow directions.
- Be a good listener.
- Be respectful of others.
- Use an inside voice and no bad language.
- Be nice to each other.