Mrs. Bradfuhrer's Music Classes
Welcome to the music home page.National Standards for Music Education
The National Standards are also approved and further defined by the New York State Education Department. Our classes are expected to follow these guidelines and our students are to show growth in these categories.
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.