How to Return your District laptop/tablet/cell phone
BUFFALO PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT
LAPTOP, TABLET AND CELL PHONE RETURN PROCEDURES
District Protocol requires that all staff departing from employment must return any District equipment to the appropriate department/location.
District owned equipment should not be left at the school/department or be given to another employee. If an employee does leave the device in the care of a supervisor or other employee, an IT work ticket should be submitted requesting for the device to be picked up and returned back to the appropriate place.
Each employee requesting for a device must receive proper approval, therefore laptops/tablets and cell phones are non-transferrable and should remain under the care of the employee to whom it was issued to until it is returned back.
Instructions for Laptop/Tablet Returns:
- Laptops or tablets must be returned to the District’s IT Central Inventory Location at
Room 117 at the Bennett Campus
2885 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214
- Laptop/Tablet Returns can be made during these days/times:
Monday - Friday 8:00 - 9:00 AM
Mon, Tues, Weds 3:00 - 5:00 PM
The office is closed on Thursday & Friday afternoon.
Call 816-4492 to schedule an appointment
- Please bring with you:
- All associated components issued with the laptop/tablet (e.g. bag, case, power cord, battery, mouse, and any USB devices).
- Photo ID and BPS employee ID#
- Make sure to back up your data and files before returning.
Instructions for Cell Phone Returns:
- District Cell phones must be returned to the IT department at City Hall Room# 813
- Returns can be made during regular business hours 8am to 4pm, Monday-Friday
- Please make sure to back up any contact information or pictures from your phone if you still need/want them
- Please also make sure to sign a Cell Phone Return Form for your records
Please click on the link below for a PDF version of this information.
If you have any questions or comments on any of the above Procedure, please contact email@example.com