What is ESL?
ESL support (English as a Second Language) is an additional school service provided to enable your children to succeed in the grade-level classroom. ESL teachers work with classroom teachers to help children develop English language skills, cultural awareness and learning strategies which they will need to work successfully with the school curriculum. ENGLISH
How can I help my child?
• Create a quiet place and a regular time to do homework and study.
• Talk to your child about what is happening at school.
• Encourage your child to show you all school work.
• Read with your child.
• Learning in a new language takes lots of energy. Ensure that your child gets plenty of rest.
• Help your child to find opportunities to use English outside of school.
• Be patient. Understand that learning a language is a complex, long-term process.
i? ? ? u? ?? e? beach bin could moon here pain e ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? bend about fur call pure boy go æ ? ?? ? e? a? a? band cup car hot there my now p b t d t? d? k g pen but tin do chair jump cat go f v ? ð s z ? ? fun very thing father sun zoo she casual m n ? h l r w j mine nine song hat late run what yes