My Resources


    • FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) -

      The FAFSA is used to apply for all of the various types of federal aid. New Federal policy states that paper applications are not sent to our school. Students should apply online at: or to obtain a paper FAFSA by call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)

    • FAFSA forms should be completed as close to February 1st as possible.

    • Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible to ensure that funds are available.

    • The FAFSA is FREE !  if you are on a site that asks you to pay a fee or input credit card information IT IS A SCAM!



             TAP is aid granted by New York State. To be eligible you must attend a college in New York State. When you fill out the FAFSA form a pre-printed TAP form will automatically be sent to you.



             Scholarships are monies awarded by private foundations or schools. They are a competition and usually require an essay, speech, poem or submission in addition to the application form. There are literally millions of scholarships available. Students should research and apply to as many as possible. Some students win scholarship money simply because they are the only person to apply. The best places to start looking are: counseling office, Homeroom, The Public library and the World Wide Web. We also recommend doing several searches using engines like YAHOO or GOOGLE to see what you can find on your own.

    Useful Sites:  ( Go to “Paying for College”)

    NYS Higher Education Services Corporation


    Yes, absolutely!! While it would be unethical to submit the same paper to two different classes, there is no rule against submitting the same essay to several scholarships. If you have an essay that you are very proud of, do a specific scholarship search looking for places that you can submit it.