Condom Availability Program (CAP)
High School Condom Availability Program (CAP)
Parent Opt Out OptionFor More Information:
- Download the CAP Program Brochure.
- Download the NYSCAP BPS Forum PPT: Comprehensive Sexuality Education
- Download NYS CSE Brochure
Parent Opt-Out Option
As a parent or guardian, you may ask that the school nurse not give your child condoms. This is called parent opt-out. The parent opt-out is not applicable if your child
- is 18 years of age or older;
- has been or is currently married; or
- is entitled under law to give consent for himself/herself.
For more information, download the Parent Opt Out Letter. The letter is available in 6 languages (see right).
pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.