Lesson 3: Content Introduction
1. Students will be able to successfully create a vocabulary list in their Evernote notebook using the copy and paste function to copy terms from a Word document on the teacher web page.
2. Students will be able to successfully access the textbook they have saved in Goodreader, using the copy and paste function to fill in the definitions in their Evernote vocabulary list.
3. Students will be able to use their online notebook to take notes while watching the Time Compass video which will introduce their topic.
4. Students will be able to demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of the content introduction by scoring 75% or better on the Socrative knowledge check.
Preparation: Teacher page should be prepared with agenda for the day along with link to the Time Compass video and appropriate vocabulary list. Quizlet activity and Socrative quiz should be prepared as well.
Instructional Activities and Strategies:
Teaching Activity Type
Engage in Technology:Students will be asked to access the teacher web page and follow the directions for the review activity.
- Create an Evernote Note in your notebook titled "FirstName- (Topic) Vocabulary"
- Scroll to the bottom of this page and open the Vocabulary Document
- Select and copy the appropriate list of terms as directed by the teacher
- Return to your Evernote Note and paste the terms into the body of the note
- Open your textbook in Goodreader and find the definitions of your terms
- Use the copy and paste function to enter the definitions in your Evernote notebook
Teacher will demonstrate set up of new Evernote note for taking notes during video including Title, Questions to consider & how to create a bullet list.
Guided Practice and Exploration:
- Create a new note for notetaking during video as shown above
- Take notes during first video segment
- Share out examples of what they have recorded at end of first segment
Carry out procedures
Independent Practice and Elaboration:
Students will continue to take notes throughout the introductory video. Teacher will pause video to highlight important points as necessary.
Teacher will use Socrative to assess student understanding of content. Students will join the teacher’s room using the appropriate code and take a teacher directed quiz. Teacher will lead class discussion as necessary to provide corrective feedback.
Students will use the links on the teacher web page to access the vocabulary activity created in Quizlet.
Students will study, practice and then try the scatter game independently. Teacher will note student scores and/or level of success.
Present or Demonstrate
Resources, Materials and Technology Needed:
Laptop with Reflector
Projector & Interactive White Board
Teacher Web page with links prepared.
Prepared Quizlet activity
Appropriate CCC Content Intro Video