This includes assistance with:
Beginner & Professional Bow Hold
7 Steps to Easy Sight Reading
Before Sight Reading:
Check Key Signature & Time Signature
Play a scale in the Key Signature
7 Easy Steps:
1. Count & Clap (rhythm)
2. Say (names of notes) & Clap (rhythm)
3. Sing (names of notes) & Clap (rhythm)
4. Finger (notes on fingerboard) & Say (names of notes)
5. Pluck & Say (names of notes)
6. Finger (notes on fingerboard) & Air Bow
10 Steps to Sight Reading a Piece of Music
- Familiarize yourself with a variety of rhythms.
- Memorize key signatures at-a-glance.
- Know your scales forward and backward.
- Practice playing without looking at your hands.
- Practice sight singing.
- Take a minute to examine the piece you’re sight reading. Tap out the rhythm, read through the notes and follow the structure.
- Mentally commit changes in key or time signature within the piece.
- Make markings on the music with pencil.
- Sound the whole piece out in your head, recognizing patters.
- Breathe, relax and keep going, even if you make a mistake.