There are three expectations we have of all students and staff at School #3...
All behaviors and interactions should meet these 3 expectations in all settings...
Specific behaviors and skills are explicitly taught to students, just as any academic skill would be taught...
1. DEFINE the behavioral expectation in a clear and concise definition.
2. TEACH the behavior directly and explicitly.
3. MODEL the behavior with exemplars and non-examples.
4. PRACTICE the desired behavior and provide corrective feedback until desired behavior is reached.
5. REINFORCE with meaningful and specific recognition.