Parent Welcome Letter
I hope you and your family enjoyed a happy and relaxing summer. Your child now begins a very important step in his/her education as we advance to the next level of the New York State standards. I am confident that by working together, “our” children will have a successful and enjoyable year.
Each student will be responsible for maintaining a planner, having it signed by a parent every night, and bringing it to class daily. This will serve as the primary tool for communication between home and school. In addition, I will be maintaining a class website to help you stay informed. (/webpages/djohnson)
Listed below are the supplies students will need.
• $3.00 for planner (cost subsidized by WSA)
• $2.00 for color coded folders purchased by fifth grade team
• 6 marble composition notebooks
• 1 calculator
• 1 package of colored pencils (12 count)
• 1 zippered pencil case/pouch
• 1 large box of tissues (175-200 count)
• 1 pair of scissors
• 1 small pencil sharpener with shavings holder
• 1 small bottle of hand sanitizer for personal use
• 1 clipboard
• 1 backpack appropriate for the size of the locker
• 1 combination lock for locker
Students will need to have a supply of the following throughout the year:
• white loose leaf notebook paper
• #2 pencils with erasers
It is an honor to be your child’s teacher. I am grateful for your support and look forward to working with you throughout the year. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.