Lesson 5: Project Framework and Research Skills
Introduction of the Project
The project will be broken into the following Components
- Lesson 6: Research and Essay
- Students will be assigned groups.
- Each group will be assigned a topic
will research assigned resources including webpages, textbooks, and pdf
files. (May be done in pairs) [See Collaboration Rubric]
- Students will answer content questions related to the assigned resources
- Students will answer guiding questions to help them identify and define a possible turning point in their topic area.
- Notes/Questions Exemplar
- Students will use the answers to the content and guiding question to Write an Essay.
- Lesson 7: iMovie Project
- Each group will create an iMovie Project according to the Project Rubric
- The group members will select an Essay/Thesis to base their project on
- It may be an Essay/Thesis from the group, or a combination of multiple
- Each group member will take on a specific role for the project
- The Project will be based on an iMovie Movie Trailer template
- The group will choose a Movie Trailer Template that best supports the thesis.
- The group will fill out a Movie Trailer Storyboard that...
- Converts their thesis/essay into a narrative format that fits their chosen template
- Identifies the types of photos/video clips/artifacts needed to support/demonstrate each part of the narrative
- The group members will perform their roles and create the movie
- The trailer will be finalized, and a citations page and group photo will be added
- The finished projects will be published.
- Movie Project Exemplar
- Lesson 8: Celebration of Success- Student Presentations
- Each group will present their presentations
- The group spokesperson will introduce their topic and explain their choice of a Movie Trailer Template
- The group will present their project
- The group will "fill in the gaps" from their essays
- The audience will highlight what they saw/liked in the project and ask questions of the group.