Ready for Reading!
It is important to read to your child every night. 20 minutes of reading a night can increase your child's success in school. Follow these simple suggestions below.
- Create a special time and place when you read.
- Ask simple questions while your reading.
- Who are the characters in the story?
- Where does the story take place?
- What is happening in the beginning? Middle? End?
A monthly reading log will be sent home in your child's BEAR book. Your child is required to read at least 5 books a month.
For suggested readings, please see list below.