What are we up to in September?
This month, our focus is on using a variety of strategies to help us improve our reading and writing!
- We use the esquema informal (informal outline) to help us plan and organize our writing.
Apuntes de dos columnas
- We use apuntes de dos columnas (two column notes) to help us process, understand, and remember what we read.
Oración de IVF
- We use the oración de IVF (IVF sentence) to summarize what we have read.
This month, our focus has been on ratios. We have been working on:
- Writing ratios in their 3 forms
- Explaining the parts of a ratio
- Identifying equivalent ratios
- Solving real-world problems with ratios
This month we began our unit on MATTER. We will be discussing:
- physical and chemical changes of matter
- units of matter - atom, molecule, element, compound
- homogeneous versus heterogeneous mixtures
- measure matter by calculating mass, weight, volume, density
- states of matter and their changes