What to do if you have not received your regular bi-weekly paycheck.
If your check is normally delivered to your payroll school or office and you do not receive one, please contact the payroll department immediately at 716-816-3538.
A supplemental check run is done on the Monday immediately following the check date to correct for errors and ommissions of your regular bi-weekly pay. Supplementals are not done for payments of extra activity.
- If your check is normally mailed to you, please give the postal service a chance to deliver it to you. If you haven’t received it by Wednesday of the following week, please contact the payroll department to begin the replacement process.
In order to REPLACE a lost check:
Contact the payroll department at 716-816-3538.
An Indemnification form needs to be completed by payroll and you will need to come to the payroll department (814 City Hall between the hours of 8:30 AM and 3:30 PM) to sign it.
Once signed, a stop payment is immediately placed on the check with the bank. This means if the check it is found or received in the mail it can NO LONGER BE CASHED, you will need to wait for the replacement check to be issued.
A replacement check will be run for you on the following Tuesday (in the event of a Monday holiday, they will be run on the following Wednesday).
Please note that the replacement process takes a minimum of 10 calendar days to complete.
What to do if you believe your check was stolen or fraudulently cashed.
- File a police report immediately.
- Bring the police report to the payroll department along with picture identification.
- Payroll will complete an indemnification form and you will sign it.
- Payroll will complete an Affadvit for Forged Signature form and you will sign that.
- The above paperwork will then be submitted to the bank to be investigated
- The check can only be re-issued once the bank has investigated and fraud has been determined.
This entire process can take up to ninety (90) days.
LOST/STOLEN CHECK ISSUES CAN BE ELIMINATED BY SIGNING UP FOR DIRECT DEPOSIT
What to do if you have not received a payment for extra activity*.
- Contact the person responsible for submitting the statement of service (school clerk or person/department who ran the in-service) to determine if they have submitted the statement of service for payment.
- If it was submitted, please email payroll at BPSPayroll@buffaloschools.org and include the following information:
Position with the Board
Name of program(s) worked
- If it has not been sent in for payment, please be patient.
* Please note that extra activity is considered any payment above and beyond you regular bi-weekly salary.
If you were paid for something on your check but don't know what it is. See below for some of the most common instructional codes that may appear on your check.
CODE Description SUMSH1 SUMMER SCHOOL HOURLY 1SY YEAR SUMSH2 SUMMER SCHOOL HOURLY 2ND YEAR SUMSCH SUMMER SCHOOL DAILY TEACHER SET UP SET UP - CLASS SCHEDULING MOVING MOVING DAYTCH DAILY TEACHER RATE HOMIN1 HOME INSTRUCTION 1ST YEAR HOMIN2 HOME INSTRUCTION 2ND YEAR AFSH 1 AFTER SCHOOL TEACHER 1ST YEAR AFSH 2 AFTER SCHOOL TEACHER 2ND YEAR I DISL INSERVICE TEACHER DISCUSS LEA. I-TES INSERVICE TEACHER TEACHER-STUD I CHAI INSERVICE TEACHER COMM. CHAIR I COMM INSERVICE TEACHER COMMITTEE ME
Common Check Deductions - BTF
BTF FU BTF UNION DUES FULL BTF PA BTF UNION DUES PART-TIME VTCOPE VOTE COPE- BTF BTF EX BTF EXTENDED PAY PLAN UNITED UNITED FUND CBSBTF COMM BLUE SGL BTF CBFBTF COMM BLUE FAM BTF CBSBTF COMM BLUE SGL BTF PART TIME CBFBTF COMM BLUE FAM BTF PART TIME HCPSBT HCP SGL BTF HCPFBT HCP FAM BTF HCPSBT HCP SGL BTF PART TIME HCPFBT HCP FAM BTF PART TIME IHSBTF IH SGL BTF PART TIME IHFBTF IH FAM BTF PART TIME TRADS TRADITIONAL SGL BTF TRADF TRADITIONAL FAM BTF TRASPT TRADITIONAL SGL BTF PART TIME TRAFPT TRADITIONAL FAM BTF PART TIME
If you found an old check that has stale dated that was issued but not cashed. Please send the paper check to the payroll department with a note requesting the check be re-issued.
If you don't think you are on the right salary step or have not been updated based on Advanced Study (Masters, PHD, etc) or Years of service credit from another district. Please contact the Salary and Wages division of Human Resources at 716-816-3580, they handle questions/issues regarding pay rates and steps.