Procedure for Paychecks Not Received
If you do not receive your bi-weekly advice (pay stub) via e-mail or in the mail,
- Please search "DONOTREPLY" in your email search box to see if it comes up. If it does not, please email Payroll@buffaloschools.org to request your advice and include a copy of your license/government issued ID.
If your check is normally mailed to you, please give the postal service a chance to deliver it to you. If you haven’t received it by Tuesday of the following week, please contact us to begin the replacement process.
In order to replace a lost check, please do the following:
- Contact the payroll department at 716-816-3538 or email Payroll@buffaloschools.org.
- Complete the indemnification form. You will need to come to our office (814 City Hall between 8am-3:30pm) to sign and date the form. **Due to COVID-19, please email Payroll@buffaloschools.org and we will email you the indemnification form.**
- The indemnification form MUST be notarized before we begin the replacement process.
A stop payment will be placed on the check with the bank. This means if the original check is found or received in the mail, it can NO LONGER BE CASHED. You will need to wait for the replacement check to be issued.
A replacement check will be run for you on the following Friday.
Please note that the replacement process takes a minimum of 10 calendar days to complete.
If you did not receive your full pay,
- Please check your Executime to ensure you clocked in every day.
- You can do this by going to Executime > Employee Actions > Time Card Inquiry > Previous Period. This will show you what you were clocked in for.
- If you do not have all 10 days, please contact your timekeeper immediately. They will need to complete and submit a statement of service for your missing days to Payroll@buffaloschools.org by the Monday (or Tuesday if the holiday is on Monday) following the check date by 11am.
- For bus aides, substitutes, and food service workers, please contact your respective office for any hours/days that are missed. They will need to complete and submit a statement of service for your missing hours/days to Payroll@buffaloschools.org by the Monday (or Tuesday if the holiday is on Monday) following the check date by 11am.
The supplemental check run is done on the Monday (if a holiday falls on Monday, the supplemental will be run on Tuesday) immediately following the check date to correct for errors and omissions of your regular bi-weekly pay.
- Supplementals will be completed for those who are missing three (3) days or more (out of a 10-day pay).
- For those who are missing less than three (3) days, it will be processed in the following check run given that we've received the statement of service by the payroll close Friday.
- Supplementals are not done for extra activity or overtime payments.
Procedure for Stolen/Fradulently Cashed Checks
If your check was stolen or fraudulently cashed, please do the following:
- File a police report immediately.
- Bring the police report to the payroll department along with picture identification.
- Payroll will complete an indemnification form and you will sign it.
- Payroll will complete an Affadvit for Forged Signature form and you will sign that.
- The above paperwork will then be submitted to the bank to be investigated
- The check can only be re-issued once the bank has investigated and fraud has been determined.
This entire process can take up to ninety (90) days.
LOST/STOLEN CHECK ISSUES CAN BE ELIMINATED BY SIGNING UP FOR DIRECT DEPOSIT
To sign up for direct deposit, the Skylight Card, or to make deposit amount changes:
- Go to "Forms" on the left
- Download the "Direct Deposit Enrollment" form
- Complete the form and send by mail, e-mail, or fax
Direct deposit requests and bank account changes take two pay periods (4 weeks) to go into effect. If you're changing amounts to the direct deposit that we have on file, the change should take place immediately as long as the form is submitted by Friday of the payroll close.
Procedures for Extra Activity/Overtime* Not Paid
If you did not receive payment for extra activity or overtime in your check, please do the following:
- Contact the person/department responsible for submitting the statement of service (school clerk or person/department who ran the in-service) to determine if it was submitted for payment.
- If it was submitted, the person/department responsible for submitting the paperwork will need to contact the department that it was submitted to.
- If the paperwork in question was submitted to Payroll with the appropriate approvals, we will begin the research process and will provide a response to the original submitter/department.
* Please note that extra activity is considered any payment above and beyond you regular bi-weekly salary.
Common Instructional Codes
If you see a code on your check that doesn't look familiar, please see below for some of the most common instructional codes that may appear on your check.
CODE Description SUMSH1 SUMMER SCHOOL HOURLY 1SY YEAR SUMSH2 SUMMER SCHOOL HOURLY 2ND YEAR SUMSCH SUMMER SCHOOL DAILY TEACHER SET UP SET UP - CLASS SCHEDULING MOVING MOVING DAYTCH DAILY TEACHER RATE HOMIN1 HOME INSTRUCTION 1ST YEAR HOMIN2 HOME INSTRUCTION 2ND YEAR AFSH 1 AFTER SCHOOL TEACHER 1ST YEAR AFSH 2 AFTER SCHOOL TEACHER 2ND YEAR I DISL INSERVICE TEACHER DISCUSS LEA. I-TES INSERVICE TEACHER TEACHER-STUD I CHAI INSERVICE TEACHER COMM. CHAIR I COMM INSERVICE TEACHER COMMITTEE ME
Common Check Deductions - BTF
BTF FU BTF UNION DUES FULL BTF PA BTF UNION DUES PART-TIME VTCOPE VOTE COPE- BTF BTF EX BTF EXTENDED PAY PLAN UNITED UNITED FUND CBSBTF COMM BLUE SGL BTF CBFBTF COMM BLUE FAM BTF CBSBTF COMM BLUE SGL BTF PART TIME CBFBTF COMM BLUE FAM BTF PART TIME HCPSBT HCP SGL BTF HCPFBT HCP FAM BTF HCPSBT HCP SGL BTF PART TIME HCPFBT HCP FAM BTF PART TIME IHSBTF IH SGL BTF PART TIME IHFBTF IH FAM BTF PART TIME TRADS TRADITIONAL SGL BTF TRADF TRADITIONAL FAM BTF TRASPT TRADITIONAL SGL BTF PART TIME TRAFPT TRADITIONAL FAM BTF PART TIME
Procedure for Stale Date Checks
Please send the paper check to the payroll department with a note requesting the check to be re-issued.
For questions regarding your annual salary including:
- Step increases
- Advanced Study (Masters, PHD, etc)
- Years of Service Credit from another district
- Daily rate
- Hourly rate
- Sick Pay Out
- 6th Period adjustments
Please contact the Wages & Salary Department in Human Resources at 716-816-3580 or by e-mail at HRWageandSalary@buffaloschools.org.