International School #45
We at International School are R.A.R.E,
Both in School and in Life.
I will be:
R - Respectful
A - Always Safe
R - Responsible and
E - Excellent Everywhere!
- Be courteous, cooperative, and respectful.
- Respect the rights, safety, and property of others.
- Be on time and be prepared to work.
- Behave in a manner that does not disrupt learning.
- Food, beverages, and gum chewing are not permitted unless teacher approval has been given.
International School #45
The International School #45 faculty and staff are committed to ensuring high academic achievement for all students. This page outlines some of the expectations we have for our students and parents to ensure we are successful in meeting this goal. Please refer to the Student Code of Conduct for a more detailed explanation.
Parents are a child's first teacher. Establishing behavioral guidelines at home helps students succeed in school. Below is a list of suggestions to help.
- Teach your child respect for law, authority, the rights of others, and for public and private property.
- Ensure prompt and regular school attendance and comply with attendance rules and procedures.
- Collaborate with the school in carrying out recommendations made in the best interest of your child.
- Make sure your child is prepared for school everyday.
- Provide a quiet place to study and do homework.
- Students will enter and exit the building in an orderly way.
- Students must be in their seats and ready to learn by 8:15am. Students arriving after that must go to the office for a late pass.
- Students are expected to be prepared for class with paper, pencils, pens, homework, etc.
- Students may not bring MP3 player, IPods, PSPs, electronic games, or weapons to school.
- Cell phones must be stored in the off position in student lockers during school hours.
- Students will not engage in fighting before, during, or after school.
- Students must have a pass to leave the room.
- When walking through the building, students must stay to the right. Talking is not permitted in the halls.
- Candy, gum, food, water bottles, soda pop, and seeds of any kind are not allowed in school unless authorized by a teacher.
- When students are dismissed they should go directly home.
- Students will not use profanity, foul or abusive language.
- Students will not bully others.
- Students will not smoke in school or on the way to or from school. Students are not permitted to carry cigarettes, lighters, or matches in school or to and from school.
Transporting our students to and from school in a safe and supervised manner is very important. Bus drivers and bus aides must insist on good behavior from student riders. The faculty and staff at The International School #45 expect our students to obey the following rules:
- Students will wait in an orderly manner at bus stops.
- Students will board the bus in a single line.
- Students will remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Students will not eat, drink, or litter while on the bus.
- Students will talk quietly and refrain from making loud noises on the bus.
- Students will not mark or damage the bus in any way.
- Students will not extend any part of the body out of the bus windows.
- An adult must be at the bus stop to meet students from grades PreK and K.
- Parents must complete and return students' lunch applications in a timely manner.
- Students are to enter the cafeteria quietly and sit in their assigned seats.
- Students may talk quietly to the people at their table when permission has been given by the person in charge of the cafeteria. No shouting or loud talking is allowed.
- Students must raise their hands and wait for permission to leave their seats.
- Cans, bottles, candy, seeds, and soda pop are not permitted.
- Students will stop talking when the lights go out at the end of the lunch period and listen for further directions.
- It is unacceptable to throw food.
- Students with permission to walk home will be dismissed by their teacher.
- Students who will be picked up will be taken to the large cafeteria by their teacher. They will wait there until signed out by an appropriate adult.
- Anyone picking up a student must be listed on the Pupil Update Form kept on file in the office.
Students are expected to look neat and dress in good taste. The following is not permitted in school:
- Students may not wear coats, jackets, hoodies, or other outdoor garments during the day.
- Students may not wear hats or bandannas during school.
- Students may not wear transparent clothing, bare midriffs, low cut tops, or articles of clothing with drugs or weapons depicted on them.
- Classes are to enter quietly and sit in their assigned seats.
- Students may show appreciation with polite applause.
- Whistling, yelling, hooting, or hollering will not be tolerated.
- Classes will exit one at a time and will be called to do so by the person in charge.