Thank You to Our Dedicated Juneteenth Committee: Mrs. Crane, Ms. D. Fowler, Ms. K. Fowler, Mrs. Herdlein, Ms. Hill, Ms. Newbern, Mr. Schickling, Ms. Williams, Ms. Willis, and Mrs. Gratton & Ms. Hamilton from Best Self.
Our Guests: Mrs. Denise Acosta, Story-Teller and Dr. Virigina Batchelor, Author
Our Performers and their Teacher-Leaders:
Ms. Williams, Mrs. Willis & Mr. Schickling
Poetry Readers: Rishya Armstrong, Miandrae Banks, Aaliyah Mohamed, & Kiara Pagan
Ms. Deanna Fowler
Drill Team: Rishya Armstrong, Miandrae Banks, Zahirah Fisher, Zamiyah Garrett, Brania Gibson, Jordyn Grinage, Ayesha Quick
Ms. Reinhardt, Mrs. Kenna & Ms. Manna and our 3rd Grade Students
Mrs. Kudel for her assistance with Technology!
About Our School
Principal: Denisca Thompson
Assistant Principal: Jodi Hammond-Axberg
Upcoming Dates & Events:
Moving Up Day for PK & Kindergarten is Tuesday, June 21st.
Grade 8 is Wednesday, June 22nd.
The last day of attendance for students is Thursday, June 23rd.
- Burgundy shirt with the School #53 Logo
- Pants, Skirt, or Jumper (Navy blue for Grades Pre-K to 8)
- Black belt (plain, without ornaments or symbols)
- Black shoes or sneakers
All students are to be appropriately dressed for school each day. Jackets or overcoats may not be worn during the school day. Students may wear navy blue, tan, or white sweaters with their uniform shirt. **Students are not allowed to wear hoods during the day!Our Mission:
- To ensure that every student will have the confidence, knowledge, thinking skills, character and hope to assume responsibility for her/his life and contribute to the lives of others; and…
- We will champion excellence and innovative learning experiences in partnership with family and community; and…
- We will hold ourselves accountable for educating our students and for working to energize all members of the community to actively participate in the accomplishment of our mission.
"3 Big Rocks" for School Improvement:
1. Data Driven Instruction
2. Differentiation -via- Direct and Explicit Instruction
3. Digging Deeper (with Rigor) Into Common Core Standards
Important Names to Know:
Mrs. Tara McCann, School Clerk
Ms. Shanta Smith School Counselor
Ms. Karon Newbern, Transportation CoordinatorMs. Heather Smith, CSE Chairperson
Please see the links below for our District Code of Conduct, the results of our Wellness survey, Youth-Risk Behavior Survey and our ED Climate Survey. Thanks to all who participated!!
Wellness Survey Results - Coming Soon
YRBS - Coming Soon
Dr. Morrell of the CLRI department is recognized by TIME magazine.