Welcome to the News Page!
Whew!! It's hard to believe that more than half of the of school are already behind us. The students have been working hard and to flourishing academically. Please keep in mind that participation at home from families greatly improves your child's success in the classroom. Listed below are the program skills that can be reinforced at home.Reading SkillsBasic skills the we will be focusing on are that can be reviewed at home are:
MathBasic skills that can be reviewed at home are:
- name recognition, spelling and writing first names.
- speaking in complete sentences
- simple rhyming words
- 26 Alphabet letters. Students should be able to recognize these letters in upper and lowercase forms, and produce the letter sound upon demand.
General RemindersPlease remember to send in two packages of snacks each month. There are 18 students.Please remember to check your child's folder daily for homework and other important notices.If you haven't done so , please send in $6.00 for Scholastic NewsCalendar of EventsThursday December 15- Gingerbread House MakingFriday December 16 - Holiday Bazaar/ Holiday ConcertFriday December 23- January 3- Christmas recess.
- counting orally from 1-100+
- counting out objects from 1-20 or from 1-20+ if capable
- recognizing/ reading numbers 1-20+
- naming basic shapes