Regents US 11 syllabus/course outline
RUSH …Regents U.S. History and Government Text: America :Pathways to the Present/Pearson
Course Description: This course is designed to give you an understanding of the people and events that shaped America.
Quarter I Units 1,2 1600-1820
- How did the European conquest of North America transform indigenous civilizations, institutionalize African slavery, and ultimately lead to an independent and democratic United States?
1. Indigenous People of North America
2. Three Worlds Converge
3. Colonial Development
4. American Revolution
5. Foundations of the American Government and Nation
Quarter II Units 3,4 1820-1877
- In what ways was the Civil War inevitable?
6. Westward Expansion
7. Innovations and Inventions
8. Early Reform Movements
9. Causes of the Civil War
10. Civil War and Reconstruction
Quarter III Units 5,6,7 1877-1939
- What role did industrial capitalism play in American life and in the United States’ rise as a world power?
11. Industrialization and Immigration
12. Imperialism and World War I
13. The Twenties and Thirties
Quarter IV Units 8,9,10 1939-present
- How have postwar social, political, and economic forces changed the United States internally and in its relationships with the rest of the world?
14. World War II
15. The Cold War Era
16. The Rights Revolution
17. Vietnam and its Aftermath
18. Contemporary America