Help for Parents! - Understanding the CSE Process
Parent Services for Students with Disabilities
Coordinator: Vanessa Guerra LMSW, CSSW
The Office of Parent Services strives to provide families of students with disabilities the information, services, support, and opportunity to enable them to become involved and knowledgeable advocates for their own children and for other children as well.
The office of Coordinator for Parent Services
- serves as liaison between families and District administration & staff
- serves as liaison between the Special Education Parent Advisory Committee (SEPAC) and the school district
- collaborates with parents to resolve issues or concerns
- links parents with organizations and agencies throughout WNY that provide services & support to students with disabilities
- provides information on the CSE process, and on the continuum of special education programs & services within District schools
- recruits parents to serve as CSE Parent Member Volunteers & organizes training sessions
- assists in obtaining various printed publications regarding special education law & related topics of interest
- links parents with appropriate personnel to answer questions concerning their preschool children to their college bound children
You are your child's best advocate!!