Module 1: Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- Relates to Unit 2 in the Buckle Down Page
o Practice test: page 87 - 92
- Ratios and Rates
- Unit Rates / Unit Prices / Constant of Proportionality (C.O.P.)
- Equivalent Ratios
- Identifying Proportional and Non-proportional relationships
- Using Table/graph/equations
- Scale Drawing / Scale Factor
Ratio, Rate, Unit Rate/Unit Price, Proportion/Proportional, Constant of Proportionality (C.O.P.), Scale Drawing and Scale Factor.
Ratio- Comparison of 2 numbers expressed as a fraction in the simplest form
Rate- a ratio in which the terms have different units
Unit Rate- A rate that has the 2nd quantity (bottom of the fraction) = to 1
Unit price – a price for one unit of a product.
Proportion – states that two ratios are equal.
Constant of Proportionality – (C.O.P.) – unit rate
- Dividing with fractions (K-C-F)
Working with tables/graphs/equations