NYS Regulations and Information on Home Schooling
Facts about Home Schooling in New York State under section 100.10 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education:
- State law does not require any specific credentials for the person providing home schooling.
- Students who are home schooled are not awarded a high school diploma. A high school diploma may only be awarded to a student enrolled in a registered secondary school who has completed all program requirements set by the Regents, the school, or district.
- Home schooled students are not eligible to participate in interscholastic sports. As per the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, participants in interscholastic sports must be enrolled in a public school.
- Districts are not required to loan textbooks, electronic devices, or supply curriculum to home-schooled students.
- A district must offer a home schooled student with disabilities the Special Education services and/or programs as recommended on the Individual Education Program (IEP) by the Committee on Special Education.
New York State Home Schooling Laws
Edited NYSED Home Schooling Law for Home Schooling Your Child
Home Schooling in New York State
Pertinent facts about HS'g in NYS re: Section 100.10