WAYS TO STAY HEALTHY AT HOME!
Using the links below, students/parents/guardians can incorporate physical activity at home. During extended school breaks, weekends, and holidays, the whole family can stay active together! Get Fit, Get Healthy Buffalo!
- Elementary lesson plans
- Kids Heart Challenge has a fun interactive Heart Healthy Bingo that families can plan at home
- Learn about the anatomy of the heart
- Brain Booster Activities
- Social and Emotional learning assignments
- Kids Heart Challenge games and word puzzles
- Learn fun new jump roping skills with single and double ropes
- Use the resources with any children in your care by following the simple Google Classroom access instruction
Follow Along Dances:
- Pick your favoriteJust Dance Video and bust a move
- Have students completeGoNoodle Follow Along Dances
- The site below offers a huge library of follow along videos teaching dance moves and health concepts to kids:
- Born To Move: This site has a variety of Follow Along Dance and Activity Videos for kids
- Jump Rope:If you have a jump rope, you can review some of the Single Jump Rope Tricks we learned in PE, or if you have a sibling or family member you could even try out some of the Partner Tricks we learned
- K-2nd:If your learning to jumprope for the first time – Check out this video for some helpful tips
- Throwing and Catching: If you have space in your yard and it’s safe to go outside, try to practice throwing and catching with a family member with a ball or a frisbee
- Striking a Balloon (awesome activity for K-2nd Grade)
- Blow up a balloon and practice striking it with different items in your house (or different body parts)
- What is the hardest item or body part to control the balloon with? What’s your record for the most number of hits without moving your feet?
- Here’s an example of this balloon striking activity
- Basketball:If you have a basketball or playground ball, practice some of the ball handling drills and challenges that we worked on in PE over the last few weeks
- Great for younger kids: Cosmic Kids Yoga
- 25 ways to keep moving at home
- AHA Partner OPEN (Online Physical Education Network) Active Home Module
- Get cooking! Create family activity emails, cooking lessons, recipe ideas and more!
- Healthy Living Resources for Teachers, Staff and Parents