Studio in Art
Studio in Art Outline
Grades are determined by points earned divided by total points possible. Here are the areas students are graded on:
- Completion of Projects/ Mini Assignments (Weekly course work)
- Effort and Participation (Discussions,projects,cleanup,group work)
- Homework Assignments/Outside Preparation for Projects
Objectives of the Course:
- The student will learn basic foundational skills in drawing and painting.
- The student will make personal connections to their art making by exploring specific themes and ideas.
- The student will gain competence in using a variety of materials, processes, and techniques.
- The student will learn about a variety of art movements, styles, and cultural traditions throughout the course of history.
- The students will explore artists from the past as well as contemporary.
- Binder with three dividers
- Sketchbook (Provided by instructor)
- Art smock (Old T-shirt/apron)
Units of Focus:
- Introductory Unit: Finding our Personal Strokes
- Foundational Unit in Drawing
- Foundational Unit in Painting
- Exploring Different Artistic Styles
- Art as a Form of Communication
- Artistic Inspiration: Exploring What Excites and Motivates Artists
- In the case you are absent, SEE ME PERSONALLY the next day to catch up on missed assignments. This is YOUR responsibility.