Creative Crafts Outline
Crafts: Items or objects that are made by hand that are used for a particular purpose (decorative, celebratory/cultural reasons, functional uses).
Craftsman:A person that practices making a particular item with great skill.
Objectives of the Course:
- The student will create a variety of handmade items that serve specific purposes.
- The student will become competent in working with a variety of craft materials and processes.
- The student will uncover different crafting traditions from different cultures and backgrounds.
- The students will explore artists from the past as well as contemporary.
- The student will make and share personal connections within their crafted items through exploring specific themes/ideas.
- Completion of Projects/ Mini Assignments (Weekly course work)
- Effort and Participation (Discussions,projects,cleanup,group work)
- Homework Assignments/Outside Preparation for Projects
- Binder with three dividers
- Sketchbook (Provided by instructor)
- Art smock (Old T-shirt/apron)
Units of Focus:
- Altered Books
- Fragments, Pieces, and Parts
- Paper Making
- Soft Sculpture
- Textile/Fiber Arts
- Jewelry/ Wearable art items
In the case you are absent, SEE ME PERSONALLY the next day to catch up on missed assignments. This is YOUR responsibility.