School 84 - Where we individualize the program to meet your child's educational needs.
Our school was established in 1924 to provide medical and educational opportunities for children of Western New York.
- Staff from the Buffalo City School District and ECMC provides all academic and therapeutic services jointly.
- A modified program is available for students ages 5 to 21. Our faculty and staff are committed to helping all students work towards meeting the New York State Educational Standards as measured by New York State Alternate Assessment. In addition to classroom instruction, our students enjoy participation in curriculum extension classes such as Art, Physical Education, Swimming, Music, Technology, Library, and Home and Careers.
- Our highly trained therapists service those students who are identified as needing related services such as Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapy. Vocational Training is provided for some of our older students at ECMC and numerous alternate sites. For more information on those specific programs, please look to the links on the left.
Available Classroom Instructional Groupings include:
- 12:1 + (3:1)
- Assistive Technology • Occupational Therapy
- Audiological Evaluation • Physical Therapy
- Augmentative Communication • School Counselor
- ESL • School Social Worker/IEP Counselor
- Hearing Impaired • School Psychologist
- Mobility Training • Speech Language Therapy
- Nursing Services • Visually Impaired
During the school year students participate in a variety of field trips and special programs.