Library Media Center
Miss Amy Carl
Library Media Specialist
Program and Schedule
The Library Media Center is open 8:00 am until 2:30 pm on B, D, and F days.
The Library Media Center is on an flexible schedule. This means that teachers are able to sign up their classes on any day and time that works best for them. The library program generally focuses on exposing students to different types of literature. Students are often asked to compare and contrast, answer WH questions, and pull meaning from text.
- Automated catalog, with access to 5900-volume book collection
- Extensive audiovisual collection comprised of Braille and large print books, Library of Congress Talking Books, book and cassette kits, videos, computer software, professional journals and more.
- 3 computers for online research in the library; separate computer lab with 10 computers
- Access to online databases through Buffalo school district
- World Book Online Username: buffalo1 Password: schools
- Gale Databases Password for at home usage: empirelink
- Assistive devices
- Teachers may sign up to use the computer lab with students
- Class set of computers available.