All Students must adhere to the Buffalo Board of Education Dress Code. In addition, West Hertel Academy has a mandatory dress code. Data shows that a dress code should have a positive impact on our school climate.
Boys – Blue Collared shirt with the West Hertel Logo and non-denim navy blue pants.
Girls – Blue Collared shirt with the West Hertel Logo and non-denim navy blue pants or non-denim navy blue skirts or dresses.
1. Headgear may not be worn in school except for students who do so as part of a recognized religious practice or for medical reasons. (Requests must be made in writing and the principal or assistant must grant approval).
2. Coats, jackets, and hoods may not be worn in the building.
3. Clothing that is disruptive to the learning environment (i.e. halter-tops, tank tops, muscle shirts, half-shirts, hot pants, short shorts, short skirts, spandex-style wear without a long covering top, or clothing depicting obscene words, graphics, or illegal activities) is prohibited.
4. Clothing that is identifiable, as a symbol of gang membership may not be worn.
5. Jewelry that may be deemed a weapon (i.e. spiked rings, necklaces or belts) is not allowed.
6. Clog style or other footwear that can be considered unsafe is not acceptable.
7. Book bags and cell phones must be kept in lockers.