2017-2018 School/Family/School Compact
The School/Family/School Compact outlines how parents, the entire staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership to help children achieve the State's high standards.
School/Family/Student Compact (2017-2018)
OUR MISSION: We at Waterfront Elementary are a supportive, diverse, and creative learning community. We strive to develop and nurture a desire for learning in every student. Our goal is that each student will develop skills of problem solving, critical thinking and communication necessary to succeed academically, professionally and socially. Our staff is dedicated to high quality instruction that motivates students to meet challenges with persistence.
Staff Pledge: I will
- explain my approach to teaching, expectations, and grading system to students and their families.
- communicate regularly with families about student progress through conferences, parent-teacher meetings, progress reports, quarterly report cards, updating grades in the parent portal and other available means.
- make sure all students get help as soon as it’s needed.
- provide opportunities for parents to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, and to observe classroom activities.
- maintain high expectations for each individual student and continually work on my teaching strategies so that I can successfully teach all children.
- notify families regarding important school information and provide a warm, safe, and caring learning environment.
- show respect to all students and families.
Student Pledge: I will
- come to school every day prepared, ready to learn and work hard.
- write down my assignments, do my homework every day, and turn it in when it’s due.
- let my teacher and family know if I need help.
- know and follow school and class rules. (This includes on the bus to and from school.)
- expect the best in all that I do.
- read on my own and with my family every day.
- show respect, responsibility and safety in all of my actions, behaviors and attitudes.
Family/Parent Pledge: I will
- provide a quiet time and place for homework.
- stay informed about my child’s education and communicate with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail and responding, as appropriate (make sure contact information is up to date).
- let the teacher know if my child has any problems with learning.
- participate in activities at school, such as Open House, parent-teacher conferences, and school events.
- maintain high expectations for the school and my child.
- read to my child or encourage my child to read every day (20 minutes for grades K-3, and 30 minutes for grades 4-6 and 60 minutes grades 7-8).
- show respect to the school staff, students, and other families.