New York State Standards
New York State Learning Standards
For Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS)
Home and Career Skills: NYS mandate for grades 5 through 8!
STANDARD 1: Personal Health and Fitness
- Students will have the necessary knowledge and skills to establish and maintain physical fitness, participate in physical activity, and maintain personal health.
STANDARD 2: A Safe and Healthy Environment
- Students will acquire the knowledge and ability necessary to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Students will understand and be able to manage their personal and community resources.
Career Development and Occupational Studies (CDOS): NYS mandate for grades 5 through 8!
STANDARD 1: Career Development
- Students will be knowledgeable about the world of work, explore career options, and relate personal skills, aptitudes, and abilities to future career decisions.
STANDARD 2: Integrated Learning
- Students will demonstrate how academic knowledge and skills are applied in the workplace and other settings.
STANDARD 3a: Universal Foundation Skills
- Students will demonstrate mastery of the foundation skills and competencies essential for success in the workplace.