Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce - A Great Side Dish for Turkey and Dressing!
Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
(A side dish for turkey and dressing)
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup cold water
1 - 12 ounce package of fresh cranberries
1. Measure sugar and water and pour into a medium size saucepan.
2. Stir with a wooden mixing spoon to dissolve the sugar.
3. Bring sugar water to a boil.
4. Open cranberries and pour into a colander and pick out any stems. Rinse with cold water.
5. When water boils, pour all of the cranberries into the saucepan .
6. When the water starts to boil again, lower the heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
7. Stir cranberries every so often.
8. Simmer for approx. 10 minutes to thicken.
9. After cranberry sauce thickens, turn off burner and move saucepan to another burner to cool.
10. Pour into a dish and refrigerate to cool completely.
Yield: approx. 8 servings