Peanut Butter Cookies with a Chocolate Twist - Enjoy Old Time Favorites at Christmas too!
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Holiday Chocolate Twist
1/4 cup Shortening
1/4 cup butter or butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Chocolate wafers or hershey kisses1. Heat oven to 375*
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the shortening and butter with a wooden mixing spoon.
3. Add sugar and brown sugar and stir well.
4. Add peanut butter and egg, mix thoroughly together. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl.
5. In another medium size mixing bowl, measure the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
6. Add flour mixture all at once to the butter mixture in the bowl. Stir until dough forms and flour is completely blended in.
7. Divide with a cookie dough scooper and shape dough into dough balls. Place on waxpaper, with a fork flatten dough in a criss-cross pattern.
8. Press one chocolate wafer or hershey kiss in the center of each cookie.
9. Put cookies on a cookie sheet. Do not put too close to the edge of the pan.
10. Bake 10 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges.
11. Cool slightly, then remove from the cookie sheet and cool completely on cooling racks.YIELD: Approx. 2-1/2 doz.