Holiday Cut Out Cookies - A Sugar Cookie Recipe!
HOLIDAY COOKIES(A Sugar Cookie Recipe)
1 3/4 cups flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heat oven to 375*.
2. Measure into a medium size bowl flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir. Set bowl out of the way.
3. In another medium size mixing bowl cream the butter with a wooden mixing spoon until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the sugar to the butter and cream again until fluffy.
5. Add the vanilla & egg. Mix well & scrape the sides and bottom of bowl.
6. Pour all the flour mixture into the bowl with the butter mixture and mix well. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl.
7. Bring the dough into a ball, knead dough until all the flour is blended in.
8. Roll dough to about 1/8 inch flat. Cut out using various shape cookie cutters.
9. Re-roll scraps and cut out again. Continue until all scraps can no longer be rolled and cut out.
10. Sprinkle each shape with red or green colored sugar. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.
11. Bake 10 minutes or until light brown around the edges.
13. Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet. Remove & cool completely on cooling racks.
14. Enjoy!!!Yield: approximately 2 dozen