A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words
“A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words”
Relationships are important. Relationships with family, friends, at school, and at work all influence the person that you are and will become. Think of a special relationship you have with an adult. Give that person a picture of a Rose which expresses to them just how special they are to you.
Follow the directions below to complete the Interpersonal Relationship project:
Resources needed: White fabric, picture of rose, pencil, tape, crayons, iron, ironing board, paper towels, fine point black sharpie, and a picture frame.
- Tape the picture to the table to prevent it from moving.
- Center the fabric over the picture and tape it in place to prevent it from moving.
- Lightly trace the Rose onto the fabric using a pencil.
- After completely tracing the Rose, remove picture and re-tape fabric to table on all sides to hold fabric securely in place to color.
- Color Rose to completely fill in.
- To set the crayon color into the fabric:
- Take fabric to the ironing board and cover Rose with a paper towel.
- Using a hot iron, iron the Rose through the paper towel to absorb the excess crayon.
- Take fabric back to the table, tape in place, and repeat coloring to cover the white and light spots.
- Return to ironing board and repeat the ironing process.
- Re-color and continue to press with paper towels until the Rose is completely and thoroughly colored in. (3-5 times)
- Using a fine point black sharpie, trace the rose to give it definition.
- To fit Rose into picture frame:
- Fold all 4 edges of fabric to the back so that it fits into the picture frame.
- Using a hot iron, press a sharp crease in the folds.
- Place picture into frame and close.
- Grade before taking home.
- Write the draft copy of “Quick Write – Interpersonal Relationships”.