Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Attention Visitors of Harvey Austin!
All visitors must report directly
to the Main Office to sign in.
Any visitors entering the building must wear
a Visitor’s Pass.
- Doors open at 9:00am.
Walkers and drop-offs can arrive between
9:00 and 9:15 entering through the Koons Street door. No students will be allowed to sit in the foyer outside the main office.
- Any students arriving after 9:17 will be marked “tardy" and must obtain a late pass from the late desk. Please use the main entrance near the main office after 9:17.
- The instructional school day ends at 3:10pm.
- Students should remain in the classroom until 3:10 for instructional purposes. Calling rooms to dismiss students earlier is a disruption to the learning environment.
- At 3:10pm all walkers and pick-ups will report to the Library and be released to the authorized adult by School #97 staff. Please use the Koons Street door to pick up your child.
- Students must be signed out by an adult that has been authorized by the child’s parent/guardian. Photo ID is required for safety purposes.
- Any adult picking up a child that is NOT normally a pick-up should do so by 3:10pm at the Koons Street door. Buses begin dismissing at 3:12pm.
- All students should be picked up by 3:25pm.
- A written note should be sent in to the teacher and forwarded to the Main Office in the morning if special circumstances require a change in the normal dismissal. You must call before 2:15 if you need to pick up your child who normally takes the bus.