- Get to know your counselor
- Check college admission requirements. Plan a college preparatory course schedule for all 4 years of high school
- Plan ahead for courses which require prerequisites
- Recognize that class rank and grade point average (GPA) are calculated beginning in 9th grade. These are based on final grades in all courses completed
- Participate in extracurricular and community activities. Colleges are looking for students who have achieved in more than academics.
- Watch your absences....Even if you are able to maintain your grades, a large number of absences and tardies may negatively impact you.
- Take the PSAT 8/9 exam when it is offered in October