- Continue taking courses which will sharpen your skills for college and enhance admission prospects.
- Visit with your counselor
- Attend the NACAC college fair in March
- Meet with college admissions representatives when they are at BAVPA
- Attend College open house dates
- Take the PSAT in October. National Merit semifinalists are selected from students who take this exam in the 11th grade.
- Ask your parents to check on scholarship opportunities which may be offered through their employers.
- Begin to investigate specific college possibilities- request college catalogs or applications or sign up to be on their email list
- Check for specific entrance requirements (courses, tests, and dates)
- Take the ACT or SAT in May or June(over the past few years the district has covered the cost of the SAT May exam for all first time junior students).
- Student Athletes: Register with the NCAA Eligibilty Center and have transcripts sent.
- Over the summer visit college campuses. Call ahead so that you receive a guided tour. If possible arrange for a meeting with an admissions representative. Ask about financial aid and scholarships.