Stock Market Game
The Stock Market Game:
Goal: Make the most money by the end of the year by picking stocks that will improve in value.
To register for the game:
1. Log in to the computer
2. Open up Internet Explorer and go to: http://www.howthemarketworks.com/
3. In the upper right corner of the window, click on: Register for free!
4. Fill in your: First name, E-mail, password (use your BAVPA password), and put in your age.
5. Make sure you have checked the: I agree to the terms and conditions box.
6. Make sure you UNcheck the: FREE offers boxes.
7. Finally click the green box marked: Register me now!
8. Now UNcheck the: FREE offers, scroll to the bottom and hit: Continue
9. Now enter your password and click GO
10. You are in!
Ok, now manage your portfolio:
Enter your Portfolio Name
Set your Starting Virtual Cash to: 2000.00
Set the Commission to 1.00
To research companies:
1. Click: “Symbol lookup” in the green left hand margin
2. Enter the company name (i.e. pepsi)
3. Click: Find
4. Click the company’s stock symbol (i.e. PEP)
5. Right above where you entered the company name, click the: Charts tab.
6. Manipulate the chart to get an idea of the company’s profitability.
To buy or sell stock:
When you want to buy or sell stock, click; “stock game” in the green margin and select the: “trade now” tab. Then enter the # of shares and the symbol.