Report Cards: A copy of their previous school year’s report card and their current
report card is required from the student.
Acceptance Rubric Scoring: The Audition accounts for 60%, the student’s Academic
Standing accounts for 30% and two Letters of Recommendations account for 10%.
Things to Know About Your Recommendation Letters:
1. Students must bring at least two [ 2 ] letters of recommendations.
2. One letter must be completed by an English or Math instructor who is familiar with the
student’s academic abilities.
3. One letter must be completed by someone who is familiar with the student’s artistic skills
and personal characteristics. (e.g. Choir Director, Dance Instructor, Visual Art Teacher).
4. Presentation of a typed letter or word document is preferred.
5. Information in the letters should include, but is not limited to, the following aspects.
a. Specify how long they have known the student and in what capacity.
b. Specify the art major area for which the student will be auditioning.
b. How would you rate the student in terms of academic skills and potential?
c. Does the student have any special qualities, talents, or proficiencies?
d. How is the Arts Academy appropriate for the future of the student’s education?
e. The writer should include in the letter:
- Name, Date, Title (if appropriate), Phone #, and Signature.
6. The recommendation letters may be used for college or scholarship applications and
will become part of the students file at the Arts Academy.
7. Recommendation letters may be mailed or faxed to the following address:
Buffalo Academy for Visual and Performing Arts
450 Masten Avenue Buffalo, NY 14209
Fax: (716) 888-7136
** For more information, please contact the Arts Academy at (716) 816-4220 **
Arts Academy Audition Dates!
Enrollment for 2017-2018 school year
Grades 9 - 12 Auditions - Saturday, October 15th and 22nd, 2016 at 8:00 AM
Grades 5 - 8 Auditions - October 29th and November 5th, 2016 at 8:00 AM