English IVPrerequisite:ELA I, II and III
- We will be focusing on close reading and Common Core Standards.
- We will be beginning the year with a strong focus on College Readiness.
- Students will be completing Teacher Recommendation request forms, gathering important information about college applications, SATs, and financial aid.
- Students will write a college essay suitable for college applications.
- Students will also be completing a research paper in the MLA style.
College Readiness/Teacher Recommendation Forms
The Autobiography of Malcolm X
Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
Analyzing Non-Fiction Texts
The Tragedy of Julius Caesar
A Raisin in the Sun
English IV students are asked to purchase the following supplies:
- 1- 3 ring binder (1" is sufficient)
- College-ruled Loose leaf paper
- A folder to keep all returned papers (one that fits in the binder would be perfect)
- Pens in blue or black ink only
- Highlighters- any color