McKinley High School
2016-2017 School Year
In order to facilitate more efficient communication with students and parents/guardians e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for any class-related issues. Also, a Webpage has been set up for this course which will contain class notes, resources, course syllabus, assignments, grade information (grades and attendance can be seen on parent portal), and announcements: The link is: /webpages/kkajfasz/
Remind 101 will be used to send out announcements, homework, and reminders.
- Download Remind 101 App or Text 81010
- Class Code:
- Algebra 2 - @kajfasza2
- Pre-Calculus - @kajfaszpc
*The expectation is every student and parent is to join the class.
1. Keep a math binder for all work.
2. Complete assigned work.
- Class work
3. Complete assessments.
4. Work cooperatively in groups and/or with a partner.
5. Actively participate in class.
6. Become fluent using the graphing calculator.
40% - Class Work/Homework
15% - Quizzes
30% - Tests & Quarterlies
15% - Binder Check (Class organization)
Each marking period, students will be able to earn up to 10 points on their marking period grade!
- 0 Absences = 10 points
- 1-5 Absences = 5 points
- Legal and illegal absences will count!
- Only acceptable absences are school field trips, college visitation, and school related activity.
- No make ups will be allowed for class work, homework, quizzes, and tests. If missed it is an automatic 0!
- Lowest homework, quiz, test, and binder check will be dropped each marking period.
- One, 1 1/2inch Binder
- 5 Dividers
- Loose Leaf Paper
- Graph Paper
- Pens and Pencils
- Calculator – it is advised students invest in a graphing calculator (TI-nspire), but must have at least a scientific calculator (TI-30 XIIS)
"TEACHERS DO NOT GIVE GRADES. STUDENTS EARN THEM."WE WILL WORK HARD TOGETHER TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL YEAR!!!