Grades K-2 Lessons
Denotes resources for studentsDenotes the anchor lessonModule 1
STUDENT Lesson Plan Purpose Going Places Safely
discover that the Internet can be used to visit far-away places and learn new things.
compare how staying safe online is similar to staying safe in the real world.
- explain rules for traveling safely on the Internet.
learn how to search online by using the alphabet.
will understand how to search for a specified letter of the alphabet on a children’s directory site.
- apply the results of their alphabet search to create a picture dictionary.
Keep it Private
Students learn that many websites ask for information that is private and discuss how to responsibly handle such requests.
- recognize the kind of information that is private.
- understand that they should never give out private information on the Internet.
STUDENT Lesson Plan Purpose Screen Out the Mean
Students learn that children sometimes can act like bullies when they are online. They explore what cyberbullying means and what they can do when they encounter it.
Keep it Private
recognize the kind of information that is private.
understand that they should never give out private information on the Internet.
- learn to create effective usernames that protect their private information
Staying Safe Online
understand that being safe when they visit websites is similar to staying safe in real life.
learn to recognize websites that are good for them to visit.
recognize if they should ask an adult they trust before they visit a particular website.
STUDENT Lesson Plan Purpose Pick a Powerful Password
Students explore reasons why people use passwords, learn the benefits of using passwords, and discover strategies for creating and keeping strong, secure passwords.
- understand the functions of passwords.
- identify strategies for creating and protecting secure passwords.
- create their own secure passwords using the lesson guidelines
Things For Sale
understand that the main purpose of product sites is to encourage viewers to buy the product.
recognize how a site’s fun and interesting features help sell the product.
- create their own product site home pages with features designed to sell their products.
Sites I Like
identify and explore different features of an informational website.
understand that not everyone will rate a website the same way.
evaluate whether they like or dislike features of a site.