I worked afterschool but I did not get paid for it in my paycheck, why?
- Afterschool pay is typically behind at least one pay cycle because of the approval process. If you worked a grant funded afterschool program allow at least 2 pay periods and contact the grant coordinator. Note: All overtime goes through anywhere from 2 to 4 offices for approval before it gets to the payroll office.
- Please contact the person/department who originally submitted the payroll.
- If the payroll in question has been submitted to the Payroll Department with the appropriate approvals, we will begin the research process and respond to the original submitter.
How does accrual time work for temporary employees?
- Temporary employees start with 2 sick days, and thereafter earn 1 sick day for every 20 days worked.
- Personal days are earned 1 for every 40 days worked. (Temp civil service earns 1 per quarter).
How do I sign up for direct deposit, or make changes?
- Complete a direct deposit enrollment form located on the "Forms" page, and send by fax (716-851-3918), email (email@example.com), or pony mail (814 City Hall).
I did not get paid for all my salary days when I worked, how do I get that corrected?
- Inform your payroll timekeeper or clerk
- The clerk will out a statement of service form found on the payroll site under forms
- Have it signed by an administrator
- Send to the payroll office by fax (716-851-3918), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or pony mail (814 City Hall)
- Statement of service forms for missed days will be processed in the following pay period once submitted to Payroll
I am a clerk trying to change an employee’s time in Empcenter and it is not saving, why?
- Please make sure you are adding 1.0 in the hours column or it will not save.
I am a clerk that manually entered leave time for an employee because Aesop did not carry over, now it did and I get a red error, how do I fix this?
- If you have a red error that means that there is more than 1.0 registered and 1.0 cannot be exceeded. If it show to rows of 1.0, delete the top row and click save. This should eliminate the error warning.
What is my annual salary, step, and my daily/hourly rate?
- Please contact the Wages & Salary Department at 716-816-3580 or HRWageandSalary@buffaloschools.org for this information.
How can I update my address or contact information?
- Please contact Human Resources at 716-816-3519, or by e-mail at email@example.com, or visit the Human Resources department page.
I'm a teacher and I signed up for the BTF Extended Pay Plan. When will I receive my money during the summer?
- Extended Pay Plan payments are handled and distributed by the BTF. They can be reached at 716-881-5400.