Welcome to the Teacher Transfer Process Webpage
Teachers can request a transfer by sending an email transfer request to the HR Department at Human_Resources@BuffaloSchools.org.
The decision to transfer to a new school is personal and may be based on a variety of reasons. Perhaps you are looking for a change in instructional focus, program options, a new school theme, or even a more convenient location for your life. If you are participating in the transfer process, either voluntary or as a result of budgetary changes, please read the following information carefully. Please keep in mind that staffing is a fluid and on-going process. Staffing is affected by changes in enrollment, building needs, staffing levels, budgets, resignations/retirements/promotions and program changes. Teachers had the ability to submit a request to the Human Resources Department for voluntary transfer by March 23, 2019. Teachers displaced from their current assignment will be informed by their Principals and automatically included in the process by HR. Teachers shall hold the appropriate endorsements for positions to which they desire to transfer. Contract and probationary teachers are eligible to participate in the transfer process. Temporary, Emergency Temporary and Part-Time teachers are not eligible to participate. Teachers wishing to change tenure areas must do so through the interview process, not the teacher transfer process. Teachers wishing to be considered for a TOSA position, must participate in the interview process.
Important dates for your consideration:
Week of 6/29/20
Vacancy Lists by Subject Area created and distributed. This includes positions vacated through SBB, TOSA interviews, retirements, resignations, and full-year leaves.
Transfer Process begins 7/1/20, unless otherwise negotiated.
BTF Transfer Process
Tenure Areas and Vacancy Lists
Tenure Area Vacancy List
Art Vacancies 2020-21
Business Vacancies 2020-21Culinary Culinary Vacancies 2020-21
English Language Arts Vacancies 2020-21ENL ENL Vacancies 2020-21
Elementary Ed Vacancies 2020-21 Guidance
Hearing Vacancies 2020-21
Home and Careers
Home and Career Vacancies 2020-21
Library Vacancies 2020-21
Math Vacancies 2020-21
Music Vacancies 2020-21
Physical Education Vacancies 2020-21
Psychologist Vacancies 2020-21
Reading Vacancies 2020-21
Science Vacancies 2020-21
Social Studies Vacancies 2020-21
Social Worker Vacancies 2020-21
Special Education Classroom Vacancies 2020-21
Speech Vacancies 2020-21
Technology Vacancies 2020-21
World Language Vacancies 2020-21
BTF Transfer Process – Frequently Asked Questions
1) How will I know which school has available vacancies?
2) How will HR notify teachers who are on a leave of absence?
3) What is the criteria for a teacher to be able to get an approved transfer?
4) When is the deadline for when a transfer request can be submitted?
5) I have been displaced by the budget process, but did not submit a request to transfer. What do I do?
6) If I am the most senior teacher in the transfer pool, can I “pass” my slot in anticipation of another opening? Or, must the person with the most seniority make a decision first and then be removed from the transfer process?
7) My budgeted position has changed slightly, but will remain predominately at my current location. Do I have right of first refusal to stay in my building?
8) My Principal is requesting volunteers to transfer due to a reduction in my tenure area at my school. If I volunteer, do I get super seniority?
9) I transferred at the beginning of this year to my current assignment because there was a reduction at my previous location. Can I voluntarily transfer this year?
10) Will the District identify the specific courses/schedule/grade level of the available vacancies?
11) What happens if I am out of town/country/unreachable during the transfer process?
12) I hold a TOSA title that is being reduced for next school year. How am I impacted?
13) Can I invoke my contractual right to transfer into a school where the Principal does not agree that I am a fit for the school?
Updated: April 8th, 2020