Our Commitment to Health and Safety
The Buffalo Public School District is committed to providing families and staff with updates on COVID-19, commonly referred to as Coronavirus. The health and safety of our community is a shared responsibility that is always our top priority. As you know, the situation with the COVID-19 Coronavirus is rapidly evolving.
Given recent announcements by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control that Coronavirus may spread – and that cases of influenza are regularly reported – we wanted to share some additional information about steps the school district is taking as well as steps you can take to help prevent the spread of viruses. Please use the links below for daily updates for the world, United States, New York State, and Erie County.
Letter from Dr. Cash regarding COVID-19
BPS Measures and Protocols
Regional Travel and Meetings
DOWNLOAD AND PRINT:
DOWNLOAD AND PRINT:
WHAT YOU CAN DO
There is something you can do. Review good hygiene with your family to help keep them safe. Examples of some routine, everyday preventive actions to lessen the spread of viruses include:
- If a student or staff member is sick, do not come to school.
- Cover your mouth with your upper arm or a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Translations of the "Too Sick For School" Infographic
Stay informed and look for information on this virus and situation from reliable and trusted expert sources:
The BPS web page (buffaloschools.org) will be updated as new information or guidelines are provided by public health officials. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to maintain a healthy learning environment.