BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York is committed to helping prevent the spread and impact of the COVID-19 in our community. As part of this commitment, we are taking the following immediate measures in the interest of the health and safety of our members, you and your employees:
You pay the same for Doctor on Demand telemedicine visits
- The cost for Doctor on Demand telemedicine visits is the same as visiting your primary care physician or specialist, based on the type of appointment you make. As the pandemic continues, we strongly recommend that BCBS members first use telehealth or telemedicine to connect with a doctor when possible.
- Instructions on how to set up an account are below. This process typically takes less than 10 minutes.
$0 cost-share / waived deductible for COVID-19 diagnostic tests
- BlueCross BlueShield will waive the cost-share for COVID-19 diagnostic tests for members who meet the NYS Department of Health guidelines for testing AND is prescribed by your provider through March 31, 2021
- Any testing done without a provider's prescription, and that does not meet the NYS Department of Health guidelines is not covered
- Broad public health testing to identify individuals who may have been exposed, or surveillance testing for employment purposes are also excluded from coverage
If applicable, we encourage members to use their mail order benefit to obtain a 90-day supply of current prescriptions
- Most drug plans cover up to a 30 or 34-day supply of medications at a retail pharmacy; however, some plans may allow certain medications to be dispensed for up to a 90-day supply at a retail pharmacy. If you would like to know if your drug plan covers up to a 90-day supply of your medication through a retail pharmacy, please contact the number on the back of your ID card to speak with a pharmacy member service representative.
- Members with 25% of their current prescription remaining should refill or renew their medication at retail pharmacies, consistent with CDC’s recommendation
The following is a message from Dr. Thomas Schenk, Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York, explaining why we are taking these measures:
“We all have a shared responsibility to keep our community healthy, and we want our employer groups and our members to know that we’re here for them. Our focus now is on slowing the spread of this illness and making sure that if a person does become seriously ill, they are able to access the care that they need in a timely way.”
Visit the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York for timely information and updates on their continued response to COVID-19.